It’s not easy, but MuShield is proud to be an ITAR compliant facility.
What is ITAR compliance?
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) control the export and import of U.S. defense related documents and services on the United States Munitions List (USML). According to the United States Government, “all manufacturers, exporters, and brokers of defense articles, defense services, or related technical data must be ITAR compliant.”
The idea behind ITAR is to ensure that enemies (potential compromising parties) of the United States are unable to get their hands on manufacturing customers blueprints that have sensitive information in regards to weaponry and other applicable defense mechanisms. Being an ITAR registered company is a steadfast agreement in which the business complies with the necessary stringent standards that are put in place by the United States Government, and in particular, the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC).
And what’s more is, due to the nature of the manufacturing industry, we must hold our partners and vendors in check as well, so in order to “do business” with MuShield on the production level, we do a check to make sure our supply chain contacts are compliant as well.
Again, it’s not easy, but it’s imperative…
Here are a few examples of how we apply ITAR to our daily operations:
- All MuShield visitors must sign in and be accompanied by a MuShield representative at all times for the entirety of their stay
- Visitors are limited as to what they can take pictures of… Any ITAR related drawings, tooling, or parts (whether complete or in process) are forbidden and off limits
- All ITAR related documents are under lock and key when not being used. This includes closed jobs, as well as anything in process
- All ITAR drawings are kept on our secure server that is backed up at a remote location on a daily basis
- Being ITAR Registered has become a necessity for our business, but is also something we are proud to have next to our name. The parts we make help keep our country free and defends us from our enemies
We take security seriously here at MuShield. We take our ITAR certification seriously. We take the betterment of our country, servicemen (and women), and sound manufacturing processes seriously. We’re MuShield – a trusted partner and industry leader in manufacturing custom magnetic shields, precision sheet metal fabrication practices, and hydroforming prowess for well over 60 years. A badge of secure longevity, we are proud to be an ITAR compliant facility.